KINKOUKAI is a non-political voluntary association. It was established in November 1973 to foster friendship among leaders who were originally from Kagoshima and Miyazaki prefectures.
The following people were original founders: Morinaga Teiichiro: Governor, the Bank of Japan, Tanimura Yutaka: ex. Vice Minister, Ministry of Finance, Yoshikuni Ichiro: Chief of Cabinet Legislation Bureau, Yoshikuni Jiro: Vice Minister, Ministry of Finance, Matano Kensuke: President, Iino Kaiun Kaisha Ltd. “IINO LINES”.
Initially, government officials and former government officials comprised the major part of the members. But, reflecting the changes in the society, at present, business leaders, academic experts, lawyers, certified public accountants, and other experts are members as well.
As of 2020, the number of members is approximately 200.
II. OBJECTIVES and ACTIVITIES
The objectives of the association are to encourage friendship among the members and to foster a new generation of young and talented people originally from Kagoshima and Miyazaki. It also aims at promoting exchanges and contacts with organizations in Japan and overseas that are related to Kagoshima and Miyazaki prefectures.
To this end, the following should be pursued.
(1) Members should work hard to improve themselves and to do so through interaction with other members.
(2) Members who share the same homeland should together help cross the thresholds between the different government ministries, different areas of private sectors and between government and private sector.
(3) The Association should contribute to the upbringing of young government officials and young business leaders.
The Association shall carry out the following projects in order to achieve the objectives set forth in the preceding Article.
(1) Social gatherings, free discussions, lecture meetings, study meetings and competitive events.
(2) Information exchanges, information dissemination and exchanges within Japan and internationally including utilizing communication tools such as websites and web meetings.
(3) Results and achievements of the Association should be shared internally as well as with people outside of the Association.
(4) Other projects necessary to achieve the objectives of the Association.
The member candidates of the Association must fulfill all the following conditions.
(1) Agreement with the objectives of the Association.
(2) Possession of a family register or relationship as a descendant of a person who had family register in either Kagoshima or Miyazaki prefecture, or an individual who was enrolled in a school in Kagoshima or Miyazaki prefecture.
(3) Engagement in social and economic activities and residence in the Tokyo metropolitan area at the date of the membership enrollment.
(4) Approval by the Board of Directors.
(5) Submission to the President of the prescribed the application form together with the recommendation of two members.
In addition to the above members (full membership), the Board of Directors shall recognize an associate member or “KAIYU” who has no voting right at the General Meeting.
IV. OUR CHAIRS
Former occupations and positions
President, Iino Kaiun Kaisha Ltd., "IINO LINES"
Governor,the Bank of Japan
Chief of Cabinet Legislation Bureau
Founder, Kyocera Corporation
Former President & CEO, the NORINCHUKIN BANK, ex.Vice Minister,Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
V. OUR LEADERSHIP
Current/Former occupations and positions
Founder, Kyocera Corporation
Honorary Vice Chairman
President, Toyo-Gakurin Foundation
Former President & CEO, NORINCHUKIN BANK (ex.Vice -Minister,Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries)
Ex-President, JT Inc.
President, Kyoto International Conference Center (ex-Undersecretary, Cabinet Office), (Former Commissioner of the Consumer Affairs Agency)
President, Federation of National Public Service Personnel Mutual Aid Associations, (Ex.Undersecretary, Cabinet Office)
Councilor, Institute for International Business Communication(IIBC/TOEIC), Chaiman, Saigo Takamori Collegium Tokyo
President & Representative Director,SBI Life Insurance Co., Ltd.,(Former Director General, Kanto Finance Bureau, Ministry of Finance)
Executive Advisor, Nippon Life Insurance Company, (Former Vice-Minister, Ministry of Health, Labour and Wealfares)
Executive Director, Global Industrial and Social Progress Research Institute, (Former Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry)
ex-Vice President,Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd.
Representative and Lawyer, Soumura Law Office
Chairman & CEO, Organization for Small & Medium Enterprises and Regional Innovation, JAPAN(SMRJ),(Former Director General, The Small and Medium Enterprise Agency)
Representative, EN Associates, (Former Senior Director, Tokyo Stock Exchange Inc.)